The EAT. MOVE. LIVE. Program is a 10-week group nutrition coaching program designed to help you heal your relationship with food. If you're fed up with the endless cycle of dieting and weight regain, and you're ready to reconnect to your body and make peace with food-- this program is for you!
Over the course of 10 weeks, participants will work through the 10 Intuitive Eating Principles using the Intuitive Eating Workbook by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch. This program will provide you with the structure, community, and support you need to finally let go of dieting for good and discover a new way of improving your health.
What is Intuitive Eating?
Intuitive Eating is defined as "... a self-care eating framework, which integrates instinct, emotion, and rational thought and was created by two dietitians, Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch in 1995. Intuitive Eating is a weight-inclusive, evidence-based model with a validated assessment scale and over 100 studies to date.
It’s a personal and dynamic process, which includes 10 principles:
- Reject the Diet Mentality
- Honor Your Hunger
- Make Peace with Food
- Challenge the Food Police
- Respect Your Fullness
- Discover the Satisfaction Factor
- Honor Your Feelings without Using Food
- Respect Your Body
- Movement—Feel the Difference
- Honor Your Health with Gentle Nutrition
The principles work in two key ways:
- By helping you cultivate attunement to the physical sensations that arise from within your body to get both your biological and psychological needs met and
- Removing the obstacles and disruptors to attunement, which usually come from the mind in the form of rules, beliefs, and thoughts.
The process of Intuitive Eating is a practice, which honors both physical and mental health. Intuitive Eating is aligned with Health at Every Size, because the pursuit of intentional weight loss is a failed paradigm, which creates health problems: including weight stigma, weight cycling, and eating disorders. All bodies deserve dignity and respect."
How do I know this group coaching program is right for me?
Our EAT. MOVE. LIVE. Program may be for you if:
- You're tired of yo-yo dieting and you're ready to make peace with food.
- You don't know what to eat anymore because you've heard/read conflicting advice.
- You're new to Intuitive Eating and want to learn more about how to listen to your body and let go of dieting.
- You enjoy learning in group settings.
- You are looking for support and shared experiences with others.
- You're ready to understand why you've been at war with your body and how to improve your relationship with your body.
- Your insurance doesn't cover 1-1 counseling or we don't accept your insurance.
Group Coaching is not for you if:
- You have an active eating disorder.
- You want to lose weight through dieting and you're not ready to explore your relationship with food and your body.
- You are not ready to take the necessary steps towards healing.
Disclaimer: This is a group coaching program that provides general nutrition education and not individualized medical nutrition therapy. It is not a substitute for medical advice, behavioral health treatment, or therapy.
I'm interested! What are the details?
Where: 670 Albemarle Dr., Building 7, Shreveport, LA 71106
When: The next group is launching September 12, 2022. Join the waitlist today!
*Your insurance plan may cover a portion or all of the cost of this program. If you have a BCBS, UnitedHealthcare, UMR, Cigna, Gilspar, Verity Health, or FirstHealth plan, please call your insurance company and ask if you have benefits for group nutrition counseling (CPT code: 97804).*
Materials provided: Intuitive Eating Workbook, 2nd edition by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch.
Additional support: A private Facebook group for participants in each cohort and a monthly support group for graduates of the group program.